Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice (Updated 11/05/2020)
Please be informed that all Victorian Dental Practices have been advised of changes to the previous restrictions noted.
We are now able to provide full range of treatments including dental examination and cleans from 11th of May 2020.
Is Shibata Dental still open?
Yes. We are open to provide full range of treatments.
Please contact us to discuss this over the phone on (03) 9889 0612. If no one is available over the phone please leave your voice message or please email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the 11th of May 2020, we will be able to provide full range of treatments including:
- Endodontic treatments (Root canal treatments)
- Dental fillings and other restorative procedures
- Dental examination and cleans
**We will be screening all patients for COVID-19 when you call for your appointment.
**Implementation below for the COVID-19 outbreak remains. Please contact the practice if you have any questions.
Shibata Dental is asking all staff, patients and visitors to delay their dental appointment if:
- they feel unwell, including but not limited to experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms; OR
- within the last 14 days, they have travelled overseas; OR
- within the last 14 days, they have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- making sure to use the alcohol hand rub upon arrival and departure.
- making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
What is coronavirus (COVID-19)? 
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2) belongs to a family of RNA viruses known as Coronaviridae which includes Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and Milddle-East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV). The coronavirus causes respiratory illness. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
Many people who contract COVID–19 will suffer only mild symptoms. However early indications are that the elderly and people with pre-existing medical conditions are more at risk of experiencing severe symptoms.
The most common symptoms reported include:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or tiredness
 Australian Government, Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov, accessed 5-3-20
 Victorian Government, Department of Health and Human Services, available from https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19, accessed 5-3pai
Welcome to Shibata Dental
Shibata Dental is a fully accredited, family friendly dental practice located in Camberwell, Melbourne.
Dr Shibata and his team of professionals are trained to assist in providing you with quality dental treatment and care.
Reception The waiting area
The waiting area has been specifically designed to help you relax in complete comfort.
The refreshment facilities, TV, and latest magazines are there to make you feel at home.
Onsite parking is available at the rear of the premise, accessed via Orrong Crescent.
Tram: Number 75. Stop 48.
Train stop: Hartwell or Willison