Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advice (Updated 28/09/2020)
From 28th of September 2020, we will be providing Level 1 dental care – which will include dental check-up and cleans.
Is Shibata Dental still open?
Please contact us to discuss this over the phone on (03) 9889 0612.
If no one is available over the phone please leave your voice message or please email us at : email@example.com.
From the 28th of September 2020, we will provide dental care which includes:
- Endodontic Treatments (Root Canal Treatments)
- Filling Treatments
- Dental Check-up and Cleans
**We will be screening all patients for COVID-19 when you call for your appointment.
**Implementation below for the COVID-19 outbreak remains. Please contact the practice if you have any questions.
Shibata Dental is asking all staff, patients and visitors to delay their dental appointment if:
- they feel unwell, including but not limited to experiencing possible COVID-19 symptoms; OR
- within the last 14 days, they have travelled overseas; OR
- within the last 14 days, they have had contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19
- making sure to use the alcohol hand rub upon arrival and departure.
- making sure to clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- covering your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow.
What is coronavirus (COVID-19)? 
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2) belongs to a family of RNA viruses known as Coronaviridae which includes Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and Milddle-East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV). The coronavirus causes respiratory illness. Symptoms range from a mild cough to pneumonia. Some people recover easily, others may get very sick very quickly. There is evidence that it spreads from person to person. Good hygiene can prevent infection.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms
Many people who contract COVID–19 will suffer only mild symptoms. However early indications are that the elderly and people with pre-existing medical conditions are more at risk of experiencing severe symptoms.
The most common symptoms reported include:
- Breathing difficulties such as breathlessness
- Sore throat
- Fatigue or tiredness
- Runny nose/Stuffy nose
- Loss of smell/Loss of taste
 Australian Government, Department of Health: https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov, accessed 5-83-20
 Victorian Government, Department of Health and Human Services, available from https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19, accessed 5-8-20
Welcome to Shibata Dental
Shibata Dental is a fully accredited, family friendly dental practice located in Camberwell, Melbourne.
Dr Shibata and his team of professionals are trained to assist in providing you with quality dental treatment and care.
Reception The waiting area
The waiting area has been specifically designed to help you relax in complete comfort.
The refreshment facilities, TV, and latest magazines are there to make you feel at home.
Onsite parking is available at the rear of the premise, accessed via Orrong Crescent.
Tram: Number 75. Stop 48.
Train stop: Hartwell or Willison